I was looking for a camera bag that doesn't look like a camera. That's what led me to Aide de Camp.
I use totes all the time and the Nadine bag has the perfect look - minimal, chic, and sophisticated.
Why do I love this bag? Let me count the ways:
1. IT IS MAGIC - this bag is like the magical bag that Hermione carries in Harry Potter. It can seriously fit way more stuff than you think it could. (Check out my list below. That is only a portion of what I actually have in my bag.)
2. CAMERA HOLDER INSERT - there's an insert that you can take out when you don't need it. I personally like to leave it in there to keep my things organized even when I'm not carrying my camera. The padded cushions make sure my gear is protected.
3. POCKETS - way more pockets than I know what to do with. Pockets for my passport, laptop, earphones, tampons, notebook and whatever else you can think of. Some of the pockets also have zippers for added security. My favorite are the sleek pockets outside - they mesh perfectly with the design and are super handy when you just need to hold something in there temporarily.
4. QUALITY - I've bought camera bags before with similar prices as the Nadine tote bag and they haven't even come close to the quality. From the first time I got it, I can just tell that the materials they used are top-notch and the stitching is impeccable. This bag will not fall apart on you.
5. VERSATILITY - since the design in classic enough, this bag is great for whatever you need it for. From camera bag, to overnight bag, to everyday bag, and to a diaper/mom bag (it comes with a baby changing pad! but I use it to protect my laptop hehe).
This isn't even all of the items I was able to stuff into this bag:
1. Bare Minerals Pop of Passion Tinted Lip Balm - provides just the right moisture with a hint of color you can actually see.
2. Caudalie Lip Conditioner - yes, I'm obsessed with lip balms. I use this one at night because it's super nourishing and moisturizing.
5. Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Cream - great night treatment. You can see results right away! *They have smaller travel sizes available at Sephora.
6. Garden of Life Organic Greens and Protein Powder - these packets make a quick meal when traveling and you need a boost of greens. I like to mix it with soy or almond milk. Easy to bring in your carry-on or purse.
1. Lens Pen - lens clear with a cleaning tip on one side and a retractable brush on the other end. This is a photographer's best friend. Much better that carrying a microfiber cloth.
2. Lexar Card Reader - USB 3.0 dual slot. Pretty self explanatory if you're a photographer and need to transfer files.
3. External Hardrive - I've learned to NEVER EVER store anything of importance in your computer/laptop. Back up everything twice or even three times! Computer crashes are the worst and losing client files are not an option.
4. Foldable Travel Backpack - bought this for the first time and I love it! It's the perfect day trip backpack for travel excursions and it folds super small when you're in transit. Very lightweight, has multiple pockets, water resistant, and durable.
5. Joby GorrilaPod - a must for traveling photographers/videographers for it's compact size and versatility. I mostly use this for my vlogging point-and-shoot camera but it can also hold a larger DSLR.
6. Moment 18mm Wide Lens - top notch lens that attaches to your phone (using a custom plate that sticks on the back). This lens is perfect for travelers who only shoot with their phone and it enables you to get wide, epic, panoramic shots beautifully. It comes with a little pouch to protect it while traveling. I like to use the Lens Pen to clean this lens.
This bag travelled with me all over the Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong and back. It slides smoothly over my suitcase, repels water like a champ, and can easily carry tons of gear. I've put it through the test during the past two months and you can tell I've scratched it a bit, but with a bit of clean up, it'll look like new again.
Learn more about Aide de Camp!